The latest beauty trend has arrived from Korea and is taking over social media.
This spring the newest products impart a translucent glow but without the artificial glitter. “Glass skin,” the effect is called, and it’s trending.
IRMA’S Step by Step
On how to get a “clear, poreless, translucent complexion
The secret is: A multistep skin-care routine that includes double cleansing, exfoliating and layering on brightening and hydrating products.
ALL YOU NEED
- A good CLEANSER. If you want, you can also do a double cleansing, LA MOUSSE CRÈME NETTOYANTE ANTI-POLLUTION,
- Hydration starts with a hydrating, not a stinging TONER, if possible one with natural brightener. Susanne Kaufmann Tonic Pflegend
- Followed by Essence, which lock in hydration. Sisley Hydra Flash Formule Intensive, Divine Glow Synbrance+ Skin Perfectioner Serum
- EMOLLIENT MOISTURIZER to coat and protect your skin. The idea is to moisturize your skin so thoroughly that it appears plump and dewy. Eau Thermale Avène Rich Hydrating Cream
- For an extra glow you can mix an oil-serum with your moisturizer Soul Illuminating Oil von Dalton
- Use an AHA peel, Enzym Peeling Powder von A4 Cosmetics and a hydrating jelly mask (Universal Face Care Biocellulose Maske Hydro Lift with a vitamin serum to top it off . This combination really tightens, brightens and gives a moisturizing glow to your skin.
- VITAMIN C SERUM, use smaller bottles as this product is sensitive to light and heat and can only be used in a short time after opening. (Anti-Wrinkle Brightening C-erum von Instytutum)
- Look for a FOUNDATION that have an emollient finish (Dior Forever 24 h Wear High Perfection Skin-Caring Foundation )
- Use a HIGHLIGHTER that rely more on a translucent sheen than on the shimmer finishes of the past. The Chanel Baume Essentiel in Transparent)
USE IT LIKE THIS: use it on the high points of the face: the top of the cheekbones, right below the brows on the highest point of the brow bone, the centre of the top eyelid, the bridge of the nose — never go all the way to the tip of the nose — the cupid’s bow and a hint right on the highest point of the chin, than blend !
- Drink more than 2 Litres of water a day.
- Choose foods that have high water content, like cucumbers, romaine, tomatoes and melons. “The water is trapped within the web of nutrients in the food,” and that allows for optimal absorption of water and keeps you hydrated longer.”
- Sleep, comfortable in a good temperature room without any disruptions.
- Rested skin appears plumper, better hydrated and better circulated. It definitely has more radiance.