Vintage and pre-loved fashion is more than ever a way to enjoy fashion in a sustainable way. Not only does it add fashion know-how and style to your wardrobe, it also inspires you to create new looks. We had a chat with the team at Vestiaire Collective who gave us some advice on how to become a top seller or how to best sell your pieces on Vestiaire.
How it works best:
- Set up alerts if you’re looking for something specific or want to keep up with a brand’s new listings.
- Make offers to sellers – you’d be surprised at the deals you can get with a little negotiation and conversation.
- Automatically turn on the ‘your size’ filter to see only personalised offers in the catalogue. This will save you time.
How to decide if you want to sell a piece
- Are you reluctant to sell a particular item? Ask yourself: “Have I worn it in the last 6 months? If not: – Do I feel comfortable in it? – Do I still love it? – Does it fit? If the answers are mostly “no”, let it go and give it a new home!
- Classic items that retain their value but are definitely not your colour. Take them out of your wardrobe, they will always be out of place.
- Always remember that giving away pieces of your wardrobe also creates space for something new, and often space is precious to create a new style or simply modify older things with the perfect new one.
How to sell best?
- Create clear images, make sure the lighting is good. Your pictures need to be good, it is the first impression your customers get and invites them to want the product.
- List items with accurate descriptions and be honest about conditions and any faults, this will keep your rating high and you will sell better and more.
- Communication is key. Write a message to people who favour your items. Answer questions quickly and thoroughly.
Have a look at my Vestiaire Collective account: @jasmin2435659