Thinking of faraway travels, a combination of art and nature and the emphasize on colours that is what comes to my mind when I am entering the world of Gimmo Etro, the rakish dandy of Italian fashion.
From their magnificent base in Milan, the company Etro –now run by his four children – sends bright colours, bold paisleys and a spirit of adventure rippling through the world.
Driven by a passion for the best, most thrillingly fine materials, the label makes scarves from exquisitely soft cashmeres and fragrances that sparkle with bergamots, pink pepper and Florida oranges, as well as their bohemian signature dresses. All adds up to perfect mélange during this festive season which makes us want to use the essences of musk, bergamots, Verbena, grapefruit, sandalwood from India and white roses, just to name a few ingredients.
5 Things about MUSK
- Musk is the most commonly used raw material in fragrance and can be found in almost every perfume.
- Its earthy, animalistic, sensual qualities are brilliant at balancing other ingredients and also helps to fix them, allowing the resulting fragrance to last longer.
- Originally, musk was harvested from the male musk deer – a small tusked mammal native to the mountains of southern Asia, the Himalayas.
- Scientists still argue whether sex pheromones actually exist, many believe that the smell of musk closely resembles that of testosterone, which may act as a pheromone in humans.
- Women’s sensitivity to musk is apparently 1,000 times greater than men’s
Paid Advertisement / Cooperation with ETRO Perfumes