LONDON/PARIS/NEW YORK: Not only is it Xmas soon but also the sale season just began and it’s the best time of the year to look for MUST BUYS. I even prefer the winter sale to the summer sale, as you find more merchandise that can be worn in winter as well as in summer.
Get informed about the upcoming season and go bargain shopping today. IRMA tells you what to look for and which pieces are worth investing in to look good this spring.
1. Fringes will never be out of fashion, it is just a question of how you combine them in order to make them look modern. I like LANVIN’s approach to mix leather fringes with Maraboo feathers.
2. Make your jewellery match your dress. I think it is a new way to look at statement jewellery. CHLOE
3. Silk dresses with signature patterns are wearable all year long as long as you update the dress with seasonal accessories. I like the idea of wearing a last-year pattern this year. It is worth starting your garment collection – the earlier the better. CHLOE
4. Any kind of nude shoes are perfect for taking into the summer season. They give a nice edge to bare skin and even make your legs appear longer. You can start wearing them in early spring without tights and they immediately give you that summer feel without getting too cold. CHLOE
5. Ruffles are a festive statement. They flatter your figure, your waist and your overall look. In off-white, beige or champagne they will always have this Chanel touch. This dress is one of my favorites by CHLOE.
6. Any knits by PRADA are worth an investment. They are shown in fashion exhibitions around the globe and if you are a fashion lover you will know how to mix the season in between. Think colour and pattern.
7. Mix your tweeds with chiffon, lurex and silk as long as they make a contrast it will always look good. SAINT LAURENT had the nicest tweeds in a cape, duffle coat and parka, the rest is easy, just grab your shortest dress and off you go.
8. BURBERRY PRORSUM made a statement with their painted bag. Not too easy to combine if you don’t follow the entire look but worth a try as it is a piece which will stay in your wardrobe forever.
9. Flat men’s shoe make every look cool and boyish. They are of course comfortable and give your outfit a certain I do not care’ attitude which is always a plus when you get dressed.