Fashion Weeks are actually a kind of training phase. You constantly have a schedule on your mind, running from one show to another, several events a day, permanent chatting about your brand, somebody else’s product and the industry. Late dinners and after-show parties, early morning breakfast meetings before shows and constant walking around on heels, t-shirts in wintertime and of course no stockings…
I could go on but I won’t because I’d rather give you some tips and tricks on how to boost your immune system. This is not only useful for Fashion Week, but for any work-loaded, stressed-out time, all year round.
1. KLEENEX EXFOLIATING CUSHIONS are perfect when you travel to big cities. They wipe off the dirt from your skin at night and you can use them also during the day to clean your hands. They are stronger than regular wet wipes and also have a light peeling effect.
2. A HEALTHY INTESTINE is a great remedy against long-term stress. Chronic stress weakens the immune system – the amount of immune cells in the blood decreases, natural killer cells are less active und T-cells multiply slower than usual. This leads to lower resistance against pathogens and we fall ill faster. Luckily, a strong gut flora can protect us from the negative effects of stress. OMNI-BIOTIC STRESS REPAIR contains nine scientifically researched bacterial strains, which are able to improve the barrier function of the intestinal mucosa, prevent the colonisation with foreign microorganisms associated with chronic inflammatory intestinal disorders and promote the production of anti-inflammatory immunoglobulins.
3. Natural supplements can help you strengthen your immune system in a healthy way. BURT’S BEES PROTEIN & HEALTHY RADIANCE is a nutrient-rich protein vanilla shake. It includes plant-based protein from from pea, rice, flaxseed, sunflower seed and oat as well as 12 essential vitamins and antioxidants. I like the fact that is fights free radicals with only natural ingredients, tastes delicious and gives me a healthy glow.
4. MANUKA HONEY is good for several things. You can use it on a spot or skin infection, as a lip mask (apply in a thick layer on your dry lips) or put a spoonful of honey in your hot drink for your throat when you have talked or sang too much. Use it in your muesli in the morning to protect you and energize your system for the day.
5. DARK CHOCOLATE is an energy bomb full of antioxidants and minerals. It is healthier than any other dessert and only a small piece of dark chocolate makes your sweet tooth more than happy. Add an espresso to a piece of 85% dark chocolate and it is the best energizer you can get at midday.
6. Relief stress and anxiety through an all-natural supplement such as AMRION’S B-CHILLIN. It contains a blend of botanical extracts such as lemon balm and chamomile extract to soothe nerves, and L-Theanine and holy basil to reduce anxiety.
And finally, try to find always time for your FAVORITE SPORTS, even if it is only 20 minutes a day. You could do yoga in your hotel room, go for a run in the park or just do push ups on a bench nearby. IRMA loves to swim. It is a mental as well as physical training and at the same time a breathing exercise. Being underwater and just listening to your own breath is therapeutic and calms you down and at the same time you get a lymphatic drainage massage through the water. Also, packing a swimsuit and bathing cap does not take up much space in your suitcase.