Traveling is about making discoveries and widening ones horizon. We selected our favourite spots while traveling in the last months and invite you to copycat for your own home.
- The Hôtel Les Roches Rouges in Saint-Raphael is a perfect setting right by the sea. Wherever you look you will find inspiration for your own house.
- Our old country house near Tegernsee was a long-time retreat and we furnished it deliberately in a very different style than our apartment in town. Ceramics, textiles and wall paint had a holiday vibe which made you feel relaxed the minute you stepped in.
- All white is back like this little corner I found in a shop in Milan. We like how different materials, marble and stone, glass & mirrors all work in harmony.
Another almost all white at the showroom by Arianna Lelli Mami & Chiara Di Pinto at Studio Pepe in Milan. Opulent sofas are back.
- And always looking out for the nicest flower bouquets around, some cities like London for example do it best.
- Another detail from the Hôtel Les Roches Rouges and a perfect idea to transport summer vibes into your home with tropical porcelain designs all year round.
- Wall art comes in many different ways besides a classical painting we love to put painted ceramics at the wall, seen during the Biennale Céramique in Vallauris.
- Art by Carolin Denervaus a former dancer who has transformed her passion for movement into painting. She draws, paints and collages spontaneous, unplanned gestures. She is one of the many artist collaborations you can find at the hotel.
- My friend’s apartment in Milan is true proof that with flowers life is simply better. She goes to the market every other day and creates bouquets that make you dream and fill the house with a floral scent.
- I took this picture in a gallery in Milan during the Salone del Mobile and unfortunately, I don’t remember the artist, but I am looking for a blanket like this which is a piece of art on your daybed.
- A corner at a show room in Milan which shows that yellow is the perfect match with almost anything and our favourite colour of the moment.
- Our living room, furnished with lots of findings from around the world, almost like a visual diary of our family life so far.
- I like the idea of the concept store BDDW, in Milan. They create their own wallpaper by sticking sketches at the wall.
- The Santa Monica Proper Hotel is a place where Mid-century design fans will feel at the right place. We prefer the rather quiet corners, designed by Kelly Wearstler which have more soul than the over decorated, and often too crowded common areas.