Travelling around the world the last years has quietly changed my beauty routine and the way I think about beauty. One could say that airport regulations after 9/11 have done a lot to all our carry-on beauty items and how we use products during a long flight. But shorter stays, more frequent travels and journeys to places where I haven’t been before have taught me how to pack beauty items wisely and what to source locally.
IRMA selected her most favorite beauty products in travel sizes. Follow her tips and you will travel light.
- Where are you traveling to and are there any favorite products you can only find at your destination? If so do not bring any of these with you but buy them there and you will have a perfect international best of beauty products in your luggage when coming home.
- Take products with you that have a double effect. This saves space and still does the job. Use a leave in conditioner which can be used as a conditioner and a hair serum at the same time. Use a rich make up remover that is useful as an overnight mask and a rich lip balm is also great for a nail conditioner and under eye treatment overnight.
- Are you traveling in business class or first? You might use all the products of your vanity bag for the rest of your travels. Just do some research on which product is used by which airline?
- Learn from the best beauticians worldwide and book a beauty treatment at your destination. Do not dream away during the treatment but ask all the questions that come to your mind… different cultures, more solutions!
- Use the Minibar in your room as the ultimate cooling machine for your products and they will be perfectly stored and extra refreshing for your skin