MUNICH: Make this day a very special day for the two of you and take your Mum to the legendary Tantris Restaurant in Munich. This place is unique and superb and it shows when you enter the main dining room with its steeply arching walls, retro Asian-inspired decor and a color scheme ranging from lobster red to bright orange. The interior is vibrant, outstanding and the place to be right from the 70s when real estate tycoon Fritz Eichbauer commissioned Swiss architect Justus Dahinden to create a space where all senses are stimulated.
The restaurant has been meticulously renovated and the concrete sculptures by Swiss artist Bruno Weber are the icons of this place that has been entertaining so many international guests coming to town only for the fine cuisine of chef Hans Haas (two Michelin Stars). His highly appraised culinary art is top of the league since 1991, when he started being the Sous Chef of Eckart Witzigmann.
Today we are happy to offer our readers the possibility to win a lunch for two at Tantris. Enjoy the food and the recommendations of Sommelier Justin Leone who makes each repas complete with the matching wine. Sit in the garden and enjoy a 3-course lunch menu accompanied by matching wines.
To make this lunch a great success IRMA has some suggestions for you:
- Take your mother by surprise. Just tell her to get dressed up and don’t tell her where you are going.
- This place has a certain glow; you Mum will remember all the great moments when she was young.
- Of course you will talk about food, how couldn’t you at a place like this. What were your favourite dishes and how did she prepare them for you?
- Tantris is also about fashion, so get inspired by the 70s when this architecture was created. It is back to the days when Pop Art was happening and you cannot get enough of vibrant colours.
- Offer your Mum the Tantris cook book and if you are lucky she will invite you back home of course with her interpretation of the original recipes.
- After you have spent a beautiful, long lunch, why don’t you visit the Hypo Kunsthalle in Munich for the Keith Haring exhibition. It is a perfect match and this Mother’s Day will be remembered forever.
To win this exclusive lunch for two at Tantris, Munich, please answer the following question: „What is your favorite dish that your mother cooks or used to cook when you were little?“
Take part and enjoy!
The Voucher is for 2 persons for a three-course lunch + comparing wines, water and coffee.