COPENHAGEN: In some countries winter is at full moon at the moment and the days are short and icy cold. Still I consider taking my bike wherever I have to go during the day. It is only a matter of how to get dressed and what to make out of it.
Follow my tips and enjoy the ride.
1. Use layers of clothing which can be changed and taken off in case you get to warm.
2. Use extra long gloves which are softly lined with sheepskin or cashmere. As long as your wrists are warm your hands won’t get cold.
3. Take a perfect bag with you which can also be detached from and off the bike. Look at Linus Bike’s The Pipette, 45 Euros. It can also be used as a clutch when you walk about town.
4. Take something hot with you to fuel your energy level. A thermos bag from escha.com. will keep it hot & steamy. Make some Chai tea with cardamom, cinnamon and ginger before you leave home.
5. When visiting another city, use a bike for your sightseeing tour. It is healthier, environmentally conscious and very economical, and on top it will give you a different angle at how you feel and look at the city you visit.
6. Overknee boots and capes are the perfect pieces to choose when your ride in winter. Be inspired by the Pre-Fall collection from Chloe.