- First, Yellow requires another strong colour to stand up against. Think of a colour that makes yellow look good. Yellow should be used to show off your fun side. It is a colour that wearing it shows that you take fashion not too seriously and have fun with it, at least that is the effortless way you should wear yellow.
- Yellow can be paired up with black which is more classical, although you can look easily like a busy bee. But yellow can also look cool when matching it with other pastel tones, like light violet or pale pink.
- In contrast to mixing yellow with other primary colours it can look very edgy or slightly off depending what pattern it is used on. Think of Mondrian, form and colour like red pants, yellow shoes and sky-blue shirt.
- If you are not sure about wearing yellow, start with a fun accessory, a silk scarf around your bag, some earrings or a pair of shoes. Mixing yellow with shades of grey is very elegant and brings in sunshine into your day indeed. You have to be in the right mood to wear yellow. A big smile is a perfect accessory.
- Yellow is a colour that works for everyone, just make sure that it is the perfect shade for you. It should complement your skin-color and hair. For example, paler yellow tones are more flattering for dark to black hair and olive skin tones and bright, orange yellow works great for a blonde.
- How about yellow in your make up. Shu Uemura was one of the first brands to use yellow eye shadow which looks cool on Mediterranean skin tones. Yellow nail polish only looks good if your manicure has been executed in an excellent way and yellow lip stick is an absolute NO.