Think of your next party and start at the top of your head with a glamourous hairclip, bow or coiffure that will make heads turn.
Gucci made a debut last season with Swarovski Christal hair jewels in combs, hairbands and ribbons and Simon Rocha had the most elegant hair clips with diamond likes décor.
Here is how IRMA would start her party outfit right from the top:
- Look for vintage clips and combs in your favourite vintage shops. They are hidden treasures and you might find the most original hair accessories from the 6os when a girl would never leave for a party without her tiara.
- Put brooches in your curls to make your hair shine. Watch out for the pin and put some cork to the ends to avoid stitching.
- Velvet and satin bows are always great to doll up your party dress or simple silk blouse. A classic black one in velvet to a white dress is crisp and chic and if you want more sparkle in it sew some pearls onto it.
- A classic chignion becomes the centre of attention with some silk flowers or vintage hair net with Swarovski stones.
- A deconstructed French twist is a must. Pin it all to one side and top the hairpin with some decorative jewel, like a pink satin bow or golden piece of jewellery.