Last week at New York Fashion week our editor at large; Zoe Warncke spotted Denisa Palsha, @denisapalsha in a rainbow coat by Sakspotts, on the rainy streets of New York.
The Czech Vogue contributor, writer and digital influencer made a statement. A winter coat does not need to be grey and dull, and if so, there are many ways to pimp it up for a more cheerful version, even on grey days.
Here you find IRMAS tips on how to style a winter coat spring ready:
- Wear a T-Shirt under your tweeds. It makes a great contrast from winter to spring.
- A small summer handbag immediately let you get that summer touch, you can style it up with a colourful silk foulard.
- Think of colours and exaggerate on certain details, like bright red socks
- Any colourful detail will do, think of a hair bow or band, a silk scarf or bright coloured hat.
- White sneakers are a classic to emphasize your street style, like it is almost summer. Wear them with white tennis socks and they will look even hotter.
- How about a raffia bag to a tweet coat, perfect contrast and definitely an eye catcher?
- Flats and delicate ballerinas are an elegant combination to heavy winter coats, match them with thick socks or dare going bare legs.
- Whatever you do, a great winter coat will keep you warm on frosty spring mornings. You can down dress underneath and will feel always protected and comfortable while being around town