LONDON: Whether you are on vacation or still at home, maybe not going on holiday in a while, you can always spend a day at the pool. It feels like a vacation and I will tell you how to get the most out of it.
– First, make a good choice. Are you looking for an Olympic pool to get super fit or more for a relaxed atmosphere like at the new pool of the Mandarin Oriental, London where you can have first-class spa treatments, your favourite smoothie and a relaxed lunch.
– Choose your company well to make this one-day holiday a success. Going with your best friend, your lover or your favourite group of friends will make a difference. To take a break, you might even want to go alone and make this day your beauty date for an upcoming event.
– Pack your bag and have everything at hand. Ask which beauty products are available in the ladies room and which beauty brand is used for treatments. Will you be getting bathrobes and slippers? Also arrange your evening after your pool day, so you will be looking best for the night.
– The evening needs to be well planned. For example, if you have done detox and body wrap treatments, I would suggest a quiet night at home with some herbal tea and a good movie or book. If you are more in the mood to show off your glow, make arrangements with friends at your favourite restaurant and get all the compliments you can take. People will think you just landed at Heathrow from a one-week vacation.
– The trick: If you are not in a sunny place, book a St. Tropez airbrush Bronzing Treatment and afterwards a Hydra Facial. Use the hotel’s hairdresser or book a brushing at your favourite stylist and if you have time shop online (if you live in Munich at www.mytheresa.com or London at www.net-a-porter.com) while you are at the day spa and have everything delivered to the pool’s reception area the same day. That can be fun!