In our Series “Road Tripping close by” we find ourselves for a weekend at the Austrian Wörthersee, also known as the Austrian Riveria. More than a century ago Gustav Mahler composed his best symphonies at this place and Wörthersee is known for its mild climate and rich fauna.
We stayed at the well known Falkensteiner Schlosshotel Velden, some of you might remember it the famous TV-Series “Das Schloss am Wörthersee”. This place has all the Austrian charm and lately also the best beach club around the lake.
IRMA took a weekend off to explore the place.
Here are 6 reasons to stay Falkensteiner Schlosshotel Velden
1. If you are into boating, this lake has a lot to offer. Not only mild temperatures during the summer month to hop off for a quick swim, but also many beautiful coastlines to throw your anchor for a mid-day siesta . You can book a boat tour at the Hotels concierge desk. Also a good idea for a sundowner off shore.
2. The beach club is the place you want to stay all day, have lunch at the Seespitz restaurant with their signature Japanese dishes right at the shore of the lake.
3. Here you can also book a boat for some waterski, wakeboarding or just go for a swim in the Beach Clubs own pool which is always warmer than the lake.
4. The Restaurant on the first floor of the Schloss has an excellent view in the evenings. Order a Negroni and indulge in their fine dining menu.
5. The combination of historical and contemporary design is an interesting mixture which is present around the lake as well. You’ll find turn of the century Lake Villas next to contemporary architecture.
6. One of my favorite parts is the Roy Black Suite in a hidden wing of the ancient castle in the rose garden.
7. There are many things to do around Wörthersee. Besides watersports you can go for hikes around the hills, visit the many Gasthäuser for typical Austrian specialties or go for a day trip to Slovenia which is known for the beautiful countryside.
Jasmin Khezri wears a dress by Etro summer 2020 collection and takes an Hermès Beach bag and Gucci sunglasses to the Hotels beach club.