There is something about a car for every occasion. Yes, I am test diving another car this week.
Nowadays we are looking for a car in much more than just a beautiful design, comfort and maybe lately a hybrid kind of automobile. So before choosing your car you might take a moment to think about what you really need it for.
To be honest taking a car to go to the grocery shop around the corner is no good sportsat all, I prefer taking my bike.
But taking a car for a longer ride, a vacation destination of choice or maybe just a city hop around or a drive into the mountains it is worth making a good choice to fulfil your personal needs.
And all I needed came at hand. To start with the great sound system by Meridian, a panoramic roof all the way to the back, a chic black and white leather seating in a very sporty design, lots of storage for my and his skis inside the car and of course many electronic features like an award winning infotainment system now encompassed with two hi-def ten-inch touch screens, blending seemingly endless functionality with „secret-until-lit“ minimalism and not to forget, the latest advanced LED „matrix pixel“ headlights.
We enjoyed all these features while streaming music and heating my hands on the steering wheel when coming back from a day at the slopes. There are also 12 power points inside and two domestic plug sockets and for warmer days a mini fridge and tray to enjoy cold drinks while driving along the corniche. Truly, it can’t get any better when taking a car up to the mountains and if you want to take it further the Range Rover Sport Autobiography is also now available as a hybrid.
First week of March in St. Moritz we did lots of things
- working on a book assignment for the Kulm Hotel in St. Moritz and the Grandhotel Kronenhof in Pontresina
- went to see the last Cresta Run of the season on a sunny Sunday morning with the price giving afterwards at the Sunny Bar.
- became a member of the “Club 8848 – Piz Lagalb – Mount Everest” The challenge consisted of completing eleven ski runs from the Piz Lagalb, taking the Minor ski lift back up and then walking up to Piz Lagalb via a footpath and back again – skis, poles and all.
- went for a skiing day on the Morteratsch Glacier past the mighty Piz Palü and down a 10-km long run all the way to Morteratsch.
- took a lazy day off by the skating rink at the Kulm Country Club and sipped mint tea infused with lemon while sunbathing.
- went cross-country skiing into the Rosatsch Valley by ourselves to hear the birds singing for spring to come quicker.All these venues needed extra equipment and a capable car to give me comfort after all these activities.
Thank you Jaguar Land Rover Deutschland GmbH for providing us with that beautiful car.