Winter is coming, or is it already here? Aren’t we longing for fresh oranges, warm spices, golden light and of course the warming sun?
You’ll find it just three and a half hours away by plane in the city of Marrakech or to be more precise at the Mandarin Oriental a bit outside of town. Between a lush gardens in a courtyard Villa, so private that you can indulge naked in your private pool, take a rest in your pillow bursting lounge area or just zip fresh mint tea in the shade wearing simply a Djaballah before you take your bike to drive between rose gardens to your Argan oil massage treatment.
Life can be sweet and its the little things that matter at this place.
Not only the natural, authentic material your villa has been designed by French interior designers Gilles & Boissier. Also the colour scheme of ivory and pitch black in comparison to the sun faded shades of roses in front of each Villa blooming in a different colour.
It is a feast for the eye when going for cocktails and dinner at Ling Ling, Hakasan’s little sister. Just try their signature Wan Tans and their homemade Spritz with grated fresh ginger and cucumber.
Marrakesh is the perfect destination for autumn. The dry heat during the day and chilly nights let you relax and refuel your entire system.
The wide range of traditional beauty treatments at the Hamman is almost a rebirth for your skin. Even just after a few days you mind feels calm and at ease, ready to explore the Medina, the desert or to take a car to Essaouira for some surfing.
Things you can do at the Mandarin Oriental in Marrakech:
• Book a pottery class and work with clay to boost your creativity
• Why not create your own caftan and get familiar with a traditional atelier in town where they show you the details of this traditional gown and teach you how to create your own?
• Accompany the Hotel’s chef to the local farmers market and spice shops for grocery shopping and or book a cooking class in his kitchen.
• Sit in the shade of the trees around the large pool and meditate, there is no better place to start than here.
• Visit the hotel’s garden and get an introduction to local flora and fauna and the many herbs growing in this rich soil.
• Visit the SPAs Hamam or book any of the Moroccan signature treatments like the Argan oil massage to renew your skin from top to toe.
• Book a desert tour around the golden hour to watch the sunset in the desert zipping a gin with fresh squeezed orange juice, then return to your Villa enjoying dinner in front of the fireplace.
This trip has been organized and supported by Radermacher Reisen,
Contact them for all bookings and additional trips throughout Morocco