Collections are coming one after another and as we are already viewing the latest Haute Couture shows in Paris or Pitto Uomo in Florence for new ideas on what to wear, you might have just grabbed your favourite pair of shoes from the last season Sale to mix with something new. And that is what it’s all about — the mix, not only in style, patterns, colours or textures but also in season. Are we still going to give our favourite Prada coat to vestiaire.com?
Isn’t it more about cherishing what we have and making the values in our house and closet more valuable by taking good care of them. So there is no reason to rush, there are so many possibilities to get your wardrobe together for the next season. And if fashion goes to fast for your budget. Relax and think of new possibilities.
• You might want to wear your just-bought Resort dress already now when it is still cold outside. Do not worry about low temperatures, just wear a turtleneck from the latest Uniqlo Heattech Collection. For this new collection Uniqlo has cooperated with Japanese textile experts Toray and makes softer, stretchy and warmer clothes you can perfectly use to keep warm under your thin layers.
• Think of your favourite designer and search vintage stores that have last season’s collections to top up and mix together with the pieces you have already bought from previous seasons. A total look of one designer is fun when you mix the seasons.
• If you can only invest in one piece from the new season, do your research and edit the one piece, which is easily done when you look for similar pieces you might already have in your wardrobe. Ask yourself which one piece creates the look you want. Most times that can be done with a bag, a pair of shoes or any other accessory. This season look out for signature jewellery like Loewe has designed.
• Nowadays you do not have to wait long for ZARA to copycat your favourite designer, sometimes they are even faster with their production, have better fittings and make pieces more wearable. If you still want to be unique, have buttons, ribbons and details changed by your tailor.
• Wait until first wave shoppers and fashion editors get bored of their must-have bags etc. They will soon sell it at Vestiaire.com, which might be only slightly less expensive but often you will find the one bag you cannot find anywhere, but just there. Also check out theoutnet.com which has often lower prices.