MUNICH: The time before going on a holiday is always stressful and I try to plan my suitcase always ahead of time. Then the actual packing should only take minutes.
Follow my tips and arrive light at your destination to start immediately to relax and look great everywhere you go.
1. Start by putting your favorite essential accessories together. Focus on what you really need and which colour is your favorite at the moment. Red is perfect for spring, silk scarf and mini bag by Saint Laurent, sandals by Charlotte Olympia.
2. Now your build up your holiday wardrobe around these accessories. Take at least one statement accessory. I have chosen the Prada Hawaiian clutch which goes perfectly in a pattern match for this season’s Victoria by Victoria Beckham dress and Marni midi skirt.
My cosmetics products are all by ambuja, as they are packed in a perfect container to stay fresh even in hot temperatures.
3. At home style already one of your favourite pieces at the moment. I will wear this Isabel Marant blouse with a vintage Charles Jourdan bag for dinner when I arrive to white cropped jeans. The jeans cover my bare, not-yet-holiday-looking legs but the blouse puts me in an instant holiday mood.
4. Also the blouse perfectly matches the midi skirt and if I want to make my look casual, I wear it with Valentino lace espadrilles and my Prada clutch.
5. Statement pieces are a must if you don’t want to take too much. The trick is to stay in one colour scheme. The Carven button-up day dress reflects the light pink which is also in the cool pattern design of my favorite Miu Miu dress.
6. That way all shoes match all different outfits and I only have to take three pairs: yellow sandals by Valentino for daytime, high party shoes by Charlotte Olympia and casual flats by Valentino for the beach.
Look at your patterns carefully and find your own style. This season I love flowers. Blouse & shorts by Isabel Marent.
Essentials always in my suitcase: white t-shirt, silk camisole, cropped pair of white jeans and one cashmere sweater even for a hot destination.
Use white silk paper to put in between your clothes, especially when you pack everything tight in a small bag. Use a small travel bag (orange Hermès Bugatti bag) which can also be used as a beach bag or xxl shopper and remember it is extremely elegant and cool when your boyfriend compliments you on your light luggage and is stunned to see you looking good every single day of your vacation.
BEAUTY TIP: I put all my beauty supplies in my mini handbags, this way I save more space. My must beauty items are from ambuja, dewdrop elixir and charisma elixir. I use the dewdrop elixir already before and during my flight to keep my skin well nourished and hydrated; for an immediate glow I use the charisma elixir when I have arrived.
For my hair I rely on the Kerastase Soleil series by L’Oreal for silky hair even at the beach.