The presentation of the Dior Cruise collection took place at the Upper Las Virgenes Canyon Open Space Preserve in Calabasas, California, an untouched mountaintop which seemed to be miles away from busy Los Angeles.
This place makes a true statement when it comes to touching nature and getting strength from our earth as well as protecting and taking care of it. Dior seemed to have touched this ground with a very delicate hand and watching the models walk with their ribbon sandals on terra-cotta colored sand, you didn’t known where to look — the beauty and perfection of humanity or the manifested nature in the background. It was a perfect melting pot of everything together and by far the most inspiring show I have seen in a long time.
Maria Grazia Chiuri is a master of turning fragility into strength and what she had found in the archive of Dior, she has turned into nowadays modernity, like for example the Cave paintings of Lascaux which had already been at the focus of a collection by Monsieur Christian Dior himself.
If you cannot wait until the Cruise Collection will be in stores, you may experience already the spirit of the show today.
IRMA has some ideas
- Read the biography Georgia O’Keeffe: A Life by Roxanna Robinson and look at her artwork and the way she lived her life. It is worth aiming at the artist’s ideas and visions.
- The movie Gone with the Wind was produced in Calabasas. Make a movie night with green Vodka shots (which had been served before the show) to get into the mood.
- Stock up on fine jewellery in gold and brown tones to make your summer skin sparkle. Combine chunky chains with fine golden rings and create your own jewellery mix and match. (Collage 1)
- Step out into nature and organize your parties outside this summer. A fire will keep you warm in your summer dress and the golden signature Dior earrings perfectly match the roughness of nature, especially when combined with a classic Safari jacket, for example from Hickman & Bousfield in London. (Collage 2)
- If you could not wrap yourself up into the Dior blankets, which had been provided for all the guests during the show to keep warm against the freshness of the desert air at night, get your must-have item from the Pre-Fall 2017 collection, a grey felt cape. A must-have accessory to get straight away is a fine leather ribbon to make a perfect choker for now.
- If you like the earthy touch transformed into an artistic bag, look at the woolen tote from the Pre-Fall 2017 collection, which will be in Dior stores soon. (Collage 3)