NEW YORK: As the days are getting longer and temperatures are rising it is time for a break on a bench in a park. Just sit down for some time let the sunlight warm your face and just gaze away and relax your mind. I love to be in big cities where I always find a place in a park to refuel my energy and go on.
IRMA’s top green spots on a bench in the park:
1. Jardin du Palais Royale, Paris: This park in a courtyard is a perfect hide aways in busy Paris. The arcades around the park are lined with beautiful shops and nice restaurants. I buy my shoes at Pierre Hardy.
2. Jardin Botanique de Bruxelles, Belgium: A wonderful place even on a rainy day. Sit inside the giant glass houses and observe the beauty of flowers and plants.
3. Parc Guell, Barcelona: A place where architecture and botanic melt together. This place is almost hypnotic and magic. Gaudi was inspired by organic shapes by this place which he also used as inspiration for his work.
4. Shinjuku Central Park, Tokyo: This park has almost jungle-like parts where you can stroll along and listen to exotic bird sing along in spring time. The colour green is dominant, a vibrant, deep shade which makes you almost see oxygen.
5. Englischer Garten, Munich: The nicest part is behind the Waterworks, where you can walk through beautiful landscape without meeting anyone during the
weekdays. A time journey back to Louis IVX.