PARIS: When I saw the Valentino Resort Show 2015 in Paris, I was very excited when, towards the end of the show, the designers Pierpaolo Piccioli and Maria Grazia Chiuri took a former psychedelic print from the 1973 Valentino show and used it in a very modern way. A chevron mink over a contrasting-stripe frock, checks with zigzags, and a chemisier dress in pixelated stripes just made the direction clear and underlined the new trend.
But how to wear this mix & match of graphics, prisms and multi-coloured prints without getting lost in illusions. Follow IRMA’s guideline for this wearable new trend.
1. Mix whatever prints you have and make sure to stay in one colour and tonality. Decide for one dominant print and make the other pieces underline the look. For example a light grey checkered top with a strong, bold black & white midi skirt. Chloe Resort 2015
2. Textures and patterns need a strong structure. Use belts, high heels and accessories to underline a small waist, a long silhouette or to make a statement. You can use a chunky silver chain/necklace on a printed top to give your look a stronger dimension. Chloe Resort 2015
3. Use your last year’s summer pastel cashmeres and pimp them up with rhinestone or diamond details. Gucci Resort 2015
4. Think in texture and go for colourful fur or fake fur and combine fresh and contrasting colours with it. Same as with prints your fur should not be monochromatic for the new season. Chloe Resort 2015
5. If you are brave, go for one strong allover print outfit and use fine accessories to underline the look. I suggest a more body-fitted tenue which leaves enough naked skin on arms and legs to give a beautiful silhouette. Valentino Resort 2015