MUNICH: The first day back in the office is the hardest of the entire year. The whole year in front of us, schedules and appointments to be made, getting new diaries and organizers and of course having a masterplan already made up in your head to start a new, happy and prosperous new year. Sharpen your pencils and get started… We already proposed on our blog post of December 31st how you can get in the mood for a perfect start and if you have had fun sketching your ideas for the new year, the real start in your office might be easier today.
It all starts in your mind and the right tools can give you a little help. It is not only about getting ideas but also of archiving them, putting them in the right order and place and, more important, to find them again throughout the year.
- Do not overload your desk with too many diaries, notebooks and planners, rather think simplly about what you realy need.
- Boxes and folders are always a good idea for found scraps and articles from newspapers and magazines, and business cards are best kept in special boxes.
- You need a notebook to go, something which keeps you company wherever you go and might get an idea, find an inspiration etc. Make sure it has a strapband around so you can also place things in between pages and they don’t fall out.
- Pens, feltpens and pencils in different colours are necessary for underlining and marking bits and pieces.
- And of course it has to look pretty , so I like to assemble colours and materials that mix and match well and I like to surround myself with a drawing I have done or which I found that keep me going through my working week, whenever I am stuck I look at it, photographs and words do the same thing.
If you live in Munich, visit DIE NEUE SAMMLUNG. There is a great exhibition at the moment about worspaces. Six German designers show their idea of a perfect workspace. The concept for the exhibition was curated by the new magazine PLAN W, which is a supplement of the Süddeutsche Zeitung about women’s business affairs and the installations will be shown until January 10th.
GOOD JOB! WORKING WITHOUT GOING MAD at Die Neue Sammlung at the Pinakothek der Moderne.
You can find all products at the papeterie department of LUDWIG BECK MÜNCHEN .