MUNICH: The US designer Tory Burch just opened her new shop in Munich tonight. I have to say that the interior is the perfect surrounding for her very comfortable and chic bohemian style. I feel like I am invited for drinks at interior designer Kelly Wearstler’s house in Los Angeles and I want to take a dress from the hangers and put on these golden sandals which give me an instant Hollywood glam. Everything shines with Tory and the beautiful, different patterns make me dream of my last vacation far far away.
To give that special feel to Tory, I want to show some places in Munich which she might like. Send me your best addresses in town at takepart[at]irmasworld.com which Tory might enjoy.
IRMA’S MUNICH CITY GUIDE FOR TORY BURCH
1. I always look at vintage Bavarian prints at Tracht und Heimat. They have the best selection of old and new Bavarian prints and you can also have your own creation of a Dirndl made haute couture.
2. For a break between art and walking along Königsplatz, in one of the nicest courts in town, I recommend ELLA, a beautiful restaurant and cafe in the courtyard of the newly renovated Lenbachhaus.
3. The best ice cream in town is full of natural flavours and ingredients. Try just one scoop at Ballabeni and you will always come back to Munich.
4. The best vintage finds in jewellery, clothes and furniture can be found atMuggenthaler Antiquitäten. You can buy exceptional pieces from the stock of theaters and opera houses from all over Europe.
5. Once you have visited the Nymphenburger Porzellan Manufaktur you might end up buying new tea cups and plates when you leave the manufacture through their showroom. Enjoying your morning tea from a Nymphenburger tea cup will change your breakfast forever.
6. The best lunch break on a sunny day is at Fisch Witte on Viktualienmarkt. Sit outside and enjoy fresh fish with a glass of Sincere.
7. If you are looking for nature but do not want to leave the city, go for a walk at the Nymphenburger Schlosspark, which is the 18th-century summer residence of the rulers of Bavaria and has lots of beautiful fountains and garden pavilions which are all over the park.
8. Take something home with you which you will definitely not find in New York: Visit the Fritz bakery at Gärtnerplatz which bakes the best bread in town.